Pre-Publishing Checklist For Blog Posts
Here’s a quick checklist to tick before publishing any content. (Some of these may be specific to WordPress)
- Formatting: Define Title, H1, H2, H3 in your article.
- Alt-Text: Alt text is the text that displays if any image on your article is not loading. Make sure all the images have alt text to them.
- Slug: It is the part of the URL of your article apart from the domain name. Ideally, a slug should have the keyphrase in it and include only functional words.
- Author: Add the right author. By default, your name would be displayed as the author.
- Banner/Featured Image: This is the banner of your article which is displayed as a thumbnail wherever you share your article.
- Categories: If your blog has been divided into separate categories, make sure you add your article in the relevant category.
- Tags: You can add metatags to allow easy navigation of content on your blog but tags don’t add SEO value to the article.
- Google Preview details: WordPress allows you to edit snippet details of how your article will appear as a search result. It includes slug, meta description, and SEO title.